Desjardins' Personalized Service
Our role is to assist our members who wish to acquire a property in Florida, through the entire purchasing process. We can:
- Conduct a preliminary telephone interview to obtain information on your project to acquire a property in Florida
- Provide advice concerning this purchase, either as a second home or as an investment
- Determine the best purchasing or financing method based on your financial situation
- Provide you with the necessary tools in the case of a cash purchase or meet with you to pre-qualify you for financing with Desjardins Bank in Florida, if such financing is required
Depending on your purchasing or financing method, Desjardins Bank could assist by referring you to a real estate agent in Florida.
For current property owners in Florida, we can meet with you in the confort of your home here in Québec or Ontario in order to apply for a mortgage on the property you already own.
Opening an Account at Desjardins Bank from a Remote Location
If you are a member of a Caisse Desjardins, you can sign the forms to open an account at Desjardins Bank directly from your Caisse in Québec or Ontario. All you need to do is make an appointment with your Caisse to apply.
There are many advantages to opening an account at Desjardins Bank from Canada: your account will already be open when you leave for Florida and you can transfer funds into it prior to your departure; you will have your Desjardins Bank access card in hand, and more.
You need to go to your Caisse with two valid identification documents with photograph, including your passport, and we will ask to you sign:
- The account application form
- The W-8BEN form for non-resident interests
A minimum deposit is required to open an account, payable to Desjardins Bank by fund transfer. This amount varies depending on the type of account.
The forms are sent to Desjardins Bank via internal mail. A few days later, a Desjardins Bank resource will contact you to finalize the set-up of your account.